Do you need data to move your organization forward? For a limited time, HARC is offering FREE one-on-one trainings to help you find the data you need!
Click on the link below and enter your name and contact information and data needs, and we’ll review it and get back to you:
This training is intended for people working to improve health and human services in the Coachella Valley, from grant writers to healthcare providers to nonprofit leaders.
In most cases, we’ll be able to show you some publicly available data that will meet your needs. If that is the case, we’ll schedule a Zoom call that works for both our schedules. During this call, we’ll share our screen with you to demonstrate where to find some of the publicly available data sources.
In rare cases, if you are already an expert-level data hunter, we may not know of any additional resources beyond what you’ve already mastered (because there may not be data that is publicly available on that particular topic). If this is the case, we’ll be in touch to discuss designing a study collaboratively that could provide the data you need, and where we might go together to get funding to conduct such a study.
Some examples of the type of data we can help you find:
- Built environment (e.g., environmental conditions, walkability, food deserts, etc.)
- Environmental data (e.g., air pollution, drinking water contaminants, impaired water bodies, etc.)
- Economic stability (e.g., employment, poverty, food insecurity, etc.)
- Education (e.g., literacy, enrollment in higher education, early childhood education, etc.)
- Healthcare (e.g., access to care, hospital capacity, etc.)
- Housing (e.g., housing instability, quality of housing, homelessness, etc.)
- Mental/behavioral health (e.g., mental health diagnoses, substance abuse, suicidal ideation, etc.)
- Physical health (e.g., major disease, exercise, obesity, etc.)
- Social context (e.g., voting, incarceration, crime, etc.)
This training opportunity is funded by the Desert Healthcare District/Foundation and as such is free to you.