What is evaluation?
Program evaluation is a systematic process to understand what a program does and how well the program does it. Program evaluation should be part of an on-going cycle of planning, implementation, and improvement.
Watch our one minute explainer video now:
Program evaluation can help you improve your project design and implementation. Program evaluation can show you:
- What you are doing that is effective in reaching your goals
- What can be improved upon or changed to help you meet your goals
- Where resources should be focused to obtain maximum impact on your desired goals
Program evaluation results also help you to demonstrate impact and progress, which is important for:
- Funders: Demonstrating that your project or program is successful in making a difference makes it appealing to funders.
- Staff morale: Demonstrating that your work makes a difference in people’s lives improves staff satisfaction & commitment.
- Public relations: Share your successes with the world, as it will likely connect you with other interested parties or other similar causes.
HARC helps to design and conduct nonprofit program evaluation for many nonprofits in Southern California and across the country.
While nonprofit program evaluation is often required by funders, for-profits can also benefit from strong program evaluation to help ensure programs are as effective and efficient as possible.
HARC works with clients to design program evaluations that will fit any budget and scope. All of HARC’s program evaluations are overseen by Dr. Jenna LeComte-Hinely, who has more than a decade of research experience, and are carried out by graduate-level evaluators with extensive training and expertise in the fields of evaluation and research.
- Regional Access Project (RAP) Mental Health Initiative: Retrospective Evaluation
- Coachella Valley Housing First Program Evaluation
- ABC Recovery Center: Measuring Client Progress
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Coachella Valley: Healthy Habits Session 1
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Coachella Valley: Healthy Habits Session 2
“CVAG contracted with HARC to provide a third-party evaluation of the newly launched CV Housing First program, which provides services for homeless individuals and families in the Coachella Valley. HARC took a thoughtful approach to their analysis, using both existing data and a customized surveys of clients. HARC produced a well-written and informed report, substantiated by data, that educated our members about the program’s successes. HARC’s involvement and third-party evaluation was also critical to shaping how we expand the program in the future. Thank you HARC!“
–Tom Kirk, Executive Director, Coachella Valley Association of Governments (CVAG)
“On behalf of the RAP Foundation, we worked with HARC to assess the effectiveness of the American Red Cross’ Reconnection Workshops, provided in the Coachella Valley in 2017/2018. Jenna LeComte-Hinely and Cassaundra Leier collaborated with us on three occasions, to clearly outline process and expectations. Their clarity in planning allowed us to provide HARC with a cadence of accurate information during the grant period. The result was an honest assessment of our work and reliable metrics for the grantor. As an organization, HARC is very professional providing precise evaluations. On a personal level, it was a pleasure to work with Jenna and Cassaundra.“
–Brian Daly, Regional Philanthropy Officer, American Red Cross
Want to learn more about how program evaluation can help improve lives? Check out HARC’s blog!
Interested in a custom designed program evaluation? Contact us today for a FREE consultation!