A needs assessment is a type of research study that organizations conduct prior to designing a program, project, or other intervention. A needs assessment is done to obtain concrete evidence about the who, what, why, where, and when of a particular problem.
The needs assessment will provide you with knowledge:
- That a problem or need does exist in a community
- Potential causes of the problem (i.e., points of intervention)
This information will allow you to:
- Prove to funders that this need exists and your intervention should be funded
- Design an intervention that is highly likely to actually solve problems and attain your goals
Check out our one-minute video about needs assessments here:
Whether you want to do a full scale community health needs assessment or just focus on your target audience, HARC works with clients to design needs assessments that will fit any budget and scope. All of HARC’s needs assessments are overseen by Dr. Jenna LeComte-Hinely, who has more than a decade of research experience, and are carried out by experienced researchers with extensive training and expertise in the fields of research and evaluation.
Work samples: (PDFs)
- Head Start Needs Assessment for Desert Sands Unified School District (DSUSD)
- LGBT Health Needs Assessment
- Prevent Child Abuse Riverside County (PCARC) Community Needs Assessment
“On behalf of the Eisenhower Medical Center Foundation, I want to tell you how pleased we are with the work you performed on developing and analyzing our Community Health Needs Assessment. The final report you provided met our needs completely.”
— Michael Landes, President, Eisenhower Medical Center Foundation.
Want to learn more about how needs assessments can change lives? Check out HARC’s weekly blog!
Interested in a custom designed needs assessment? Contact us today for a FREE consultation!